09 January 2011

handmade gift roundup: potholders

I raided my scrap box for these potholders. I made 8 of them in all for friends and coworkers.

These were very much inspired by the potholder Erin made recently. Except hers has lovely quilting and mine do not. I used two layers of cotton batting with another layer of heavy canvas in the middle, and I worried that quilting such a fat sandwich could be disastrous. So I just edge-stitched these after turning them out and left it at that.

I also did two pairs which I quilted crossways then added binding which I finished by hand.

And that's the end of my roundup. All simple projects, but fun to make. I want to show you a couple of the gifts I received too, so I'll be back with more on that this afternoon.

1 comment:

house on hill road said...

they are all super cute! i might skip the quilting next time - these look great without it!