12 May 2009

aprons!

I've been sewing up aprons for everybody. Above is mine, isn't the fabric groovy? It's from an old sheet I picked up at a thrift store. The pattern is from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing. I just love the shape of the apron and the little pleats where the neck band comes in. It's also reversible; I've got a red gingham on the back of mine. It's a pretty straightforward pattern and comes together easily.
I made Twin one from the same pattern. If you look very closely you'll see that the flowers are growing upside down. Oopsy. I always forget to think about that before cutting out the fabric. Twin got into the spirit of the photo shoot. She is brandishing a pastry brush, in case you can't tell.
And this one is a gift for a friend. The pattern is Butterick 4945. I love the flounce and the 50s style of it. This pattern is a bit more complicated, but worth the extra work.

I am getting excited about summer sewing. I've bought several patterns and some new fabric as well. I went into the fabric shop determined to buy some cheerful summer prints. Bold florals and the like. But I came out with neutral solids and ginghams and a few simple prints. Twin just sighed. She was quite disappointed. Hopefully, though, the finished garments will win her over. It's a possibility.

4 comments:

Nadia said...

I love the fabric for the first one!

I'm getting really excited to make cottony sundresses for summer too. :)

Barbara Brown said...

so very cute. i do love the simplicity of the first apron and the colorful old sheet is the best.

Carolyn said...

the aprons are super cute!!

i wanted to ask you something but i can't seem to find your email on the site. if you get a chance, could you email me? strug34@gmail.com

peitseoga said...

oh, that reminds me, i brought that pattern with me, thinking i'd do lots of sewing while having my mum to look after emm, but so far i haven't done much at all! i made a bib and a smock, both still waiting to be blogged about...