30 September 2006

making-along



I finally got little Olive done. Not that she's all that time-consuming or difficult to make (although that whole leg business was a tad tricky), I just haven't had a lot of crafting time recently. Work, commuting, errands, blah, blah, blah. I also really am a sucker for new fall tv. It generally takes me a couple weeks to realize that no, none of these shows are going to be interesting at all. I wonder to myself "where did the week go?" and I realize that it was sucked into the bottomless pit that is primetime television. I know this to be true, but, well, I am weak.

I got Olive's arms made one evening, then her legs another, and it was quite funny to have little Olive body parts kicking around the apartment all week.

If you haven't read the story, go do it now!! It is endlessly charming, and I have to say Hilary is freaking brilliant.

My Olive is digging her little outfit, and now it is definitely time to accessorize. Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

sulu-design said...

I'm so happy to see that you've made Olive, too! Another crafty lady at a blog I read regularly (the house on hill road) made two Olives for her daughters. I cannot get enough of these! And the backpack? It's pushing me over the cuteness edge - I LOVE THEM! Oh, how could I forget to mention - the yellow is fabulous, particularly for the fall.

Anonymous said...

The leg thing was tricky, wasn't it?!?