15 July 2006

skirts for two both



We cut and sewed these skirts months ago, when the promise of summer made us giddy for warm weather clothing. Mom was here in Brooklyn for a visit, but as our featherweight doesn't do invisible zippers, she took them back south with her to put in the zippers. She sent them back quite promptly (at least by her standards—hee hee) but then they sat on the shelf for at least a month waiting to be hemmed. I don't particularly like hemming. But besides the inevitable hemming, they were very easy to put together. Mom made the pattern from an old chino skirt that I have been wearing for years, and which has the loveliest shape, I think. (And Mom, no worries, my zipper is lying lovely and flat, you're the best!!)

And here's another classic Jennie pose. She is a very good sport to model for my pictures all the time. Coy and glam just don't enter into her vocabulary, and this pose seems to capture the charming frankness of my lovely sis. I promised her blueberry cake if she modeled for me.

Oh, and there's been some discussion of our relative girths over on Jennie's blog. I seem to recall the words "Fat Clone" being bandied about. I hereby submit the top photo as evidence that Jennie is indeed the Runt Clone. I, on the other hand, am perfectly normal-sized.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time the zipper elf will sew the hems too! Sorry about that...

julieree said...

oh no, no, mama. I can get off my lazy bum and hem a skirt. I'll retain my quota of elfen mama help for the complicated bits. :)

Anonymous said...

Well - for all that! they turned out wonderful!

Jennie said...

We look the exact same size in that picture. I'm sorry I called you the fat clone. I'm obviously wrong. :)